Monday, April 26, 2010

the same deep water as you

I've been re-watching early seasons of One Tree Hill these past few weeks.. And there's this one episode in season 4 where Brooke broke up with Lucas for good.. I don't know why, but I find the lines rather heartfelt..

BROOKE: "Listen, I know it’s been difficult for you lately, losing Keith and your heart condition and giving up basketball.. I feel like I’ve been keeping you close to me to try to protect you from those things.. like I’m hanging on to the two of us for you..but not for me."

LUCAS: "I’m sorry I kissed Peyton.. I should’ve told you."

BROOKE: "It’s not about that, Luke.. It’s not.. I thought that it was but this is not about her this is about me.. I love you, Lucas and I probably always will.. But we go days without having a meaningful conversation.. and I used to miss you so much when that happened.. But it never seemed like you missed me and I guess because of it I stopped missing you.. I mean, look at today.."

LUCAS: (v.o) I guess I should’ve said something, anything, I mean, for a guy who wants to be a writer it suddenly seemed like no words had ever been written.. but when someone tells you they stopped missing you.. you’re pretty much screwed no matter what you say.

BROOKE: "There was an accident and you..called me afterwards.. But making a mix with Peyton? Sharing a laugh with Peyton.. It shouldn’t be, should it?"

BROOKE: "..shouldn’t be like this, Luke."

LUCAS: "Brooke.."

BROOKE: "I’m sorry.. I can’t do this anymore."

LUCAS: (v.o) See but there had to be something, right? Something that no one had ever said in the history of the world.. something that could change this.

LUCAS: "Brooke.. I’m sorry."

BROOKE: Yeah, me, too.


Whoa.. It breaks my heart.

0 comments: